Hello everyone! If you have been following along with the blog, maybe you've heard me be mentioned, and well even if you're new to this blog, I'll introduce myself anyway. I'm Anna Ward, Nick Ward's daughter and partner in this Search and Rescue adventure. I am a 13 year old girl in 8th grade and in my free time I train dogs!
When my dad started to become interested in Search and Rescue, my curiosity was piqued, dogs that can find missing people?! It sounded very mind baffling and interesting, how in the world you train a dog to find a person in the woods?! However intrigued I was, a huge excitement overcome most every other emotion, I was going to be a part of that! Me, a 12 year old (At the time) girl, training dogs to save people's lives, not many people my age can say that's what they do in their spare time. So began many, many weekends and nights going to trainings and attending classes, but I would do it all over if I had to, this had been an amazing experience.
Some of my accomplishments:
- First Aid and CPR certified
- Wilderness First Aid
- Canine First Aid
- Technical Rope Rescue
- Incident Command System - NIMS 100, 200
My Life Outside of SAR
When I'm not hiding in the woods or working on obedience with dogs, these are some things I like to do...
- Reading- I love to read and do it very often, ussually fantasy and action books
- Swimming- My favorite sport, I could just about stay in a pool all day if I could.
- Watching Tv- I love many shows but the types of shows I watch are normally, crime, syfy, and anime. Some of my favorites are Doctor Who, Sherlock, Bones, Sword Art Online, The Walking Dead, and I could spend hours listing all the shows I like but I think you would get rather bored by that.
- Listening to music I enjoy listening to all kinds of rock music (like my dad) and also pop (like my mom). When my dad and I drive to dog training we sing very loudly together but it's a lot of fun!
Well that just about sums it up I suppose, and there's slice of my life out for the world to see!